Jun

NEWS ALERT! Xcelsius 2008 Service Pack 4 (SP4) is now available to everyone!

Hi Everyone,

Last week on Twitter we saw an annoucment that Xcelsius 2008 Service Pack 4 (SP4) with support for Windows 7 and Office 2010 (32-bit) was available from the Service Marketplace. Today we were notified that SAP has officially announced its availability on the general download site (see the official announcement from Matt Lloyd).

This Service Pack is a cumulative patch, so it incorporates all the patches to-date and delivers new fixes and features. All files must be extracted and downloaded from the zip file and ran directly from your hard drive. After Service Pack 4 (SP4) is installed, the version number in the about box will change to: 5.4.0.0.

As noted by Mico on twitter last week, here are a few noted additions to start:

• Waterfall charts
  • Combination charts can have alerts for multiple series
  • Added alerts into the spreadsheet components

The documentation will  be available shortly on the SAP Help Portal and include the following:

• What’s Fixed in Xcelsius 2008 Service Pack 4
  • What’s New in Xcelsius 2008 Service Pack 4
  • Xcelsius 2008 Service Pack 4 Release Notes
  • Xcelsius 2008 SP4 Supported Platforms

Once the document is officially released, we will make another announcement, so be sure to keep updated by following us on:

Soo Tang Yuk is the ‘Xcelsius Gurus Network” community manager and evangelist. To find out more about her, please visit the About Us page.

Tags: , , , , , ,

21 Responses to “NEWS ALERT! Xcelsius 2008 Service Pack 4 (SP4) is now available to everyone!”

1. anthonypit says:

Hi Guys,

I am now using Dashboard 4.0.
    Do you know if Xcelsius 2008 Service Pack 4 (SP4) is supported in Dashboard 4.0?
    I am interested in getting the Waterfall charts as well as the alerts in the combination chart & spreadsheet tables.

Why last Service Packs are only developed for Xcelsius 2008 and not for both Xcelsius 2008 & Dashboard 4.0?

Thanks,

Anthony

2. Chris says:

Downloaded the package. Every pdf in the file is labeled as SP3, and I am looking at the filename that says xcelsiusent2008_sp4.zip. Version after install was 5.4.0.0, build 12,4,0,11,66.

3. Adil says:

I did install the SP4 but the build no. still shows the old one which is 5.3.5.0. The file name is “xcelsiusent2008_sp4.zip” and the size of the file is 578,341 KB. Is there anything that i am doing it wrong?

4. Matthew Y says:

I’ve also read somewhere that they’ve added in the BI Web Service connector that ability to close the report after consuming (it’ll be another 1/0 switch as an input similar to the ‘restate’ and ‘refresh’ inputs we currently have). This is great news. This helps load on the Webi servers by closing down the report after accessing the information. I believe this is in the BO SP4, not the Xcelsius SP4.

5. Mico Yuk says:

Well report to SAP. Where did you download it from?

6. Artem (ArtY) says:

Hello. Now I have problem with SP4. In my dashboard (xcelsius 2008 SP3) I used theme acua & components grid for alerts. But when I updated SP4, this component began to have round covering and my table kind became awful.

7. Artem (ArtY) says:

Hello. Now I have problem with SP4. In my dashboard (xcelsius 2008 SP3) I used theme acua & component grid for alerts. But when I updated SP4, this component began to have round covering and my table became awful. Maybe you can give me advice what to do?

8. Kelly says:

Hi Mico,
    Do you know which SP4 I should download if we are using Xcelsius Personal Edition 2008? ie. the Present or Enterprise SP4?
    Thanks,
    Kelly :)

9. Mico Yuk says:

Present.

Thanks,
    Mico

10. Ryan Goodman says:

Installed on a band new computer that has office 2010 but found that I still have to install an older version of Excel first. Anyone else have this issue when installing on a clean machine?

11. Ryan Goodman says:

DO NOT UPGRADE TO SP4 if you have clients running SP3. Once you save in SP4 you can not open your XLF back up in the previous service pack. I found this out the hard way and lost a weekend’s worth of work. I now have a SP4 VM in case if someone sends me a file, but for now, I stick with SP3.

Without side-by-side install or backwards compatibility SAP is making it hard for customers and power users to test and adopt new versions of SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards / Xcelsius.

12. Keith says:

Ryan G above had a fix for the Upgrade. Here’s the link

13. Runali says:

Heard about this bug before that you need to install Xcelsius on Excel 2003/2007 and then upgrade to Excel 2010. But there might be a way to remove the check for Excel version from the install MSI and install xcelsius without uninstalling office 2010. One of our consultants have been able to do this.

14. krittikorn says:

I think the first must fix is download website. can not complete download.

15. Kumar says:

If you want to try the new SP4 version on your local machine while trying to retain your older Xcelsius version, do this:

1. Rename the current Xcelsius folder to say XcelsiusSP5.3.4 (from C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Xcelsius to C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\XcelsiusSP5.3.4) and then
    2. Install Xcelsius SP4. The new install will now be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Xcelsius

You can create shortcuts to the Xcelsius.exe contained in the new and old folders.

16. [...] Click here for all of the details at EverythingXcelsius. [...]

17. [...] Click here for all of the details at EverythingXcelsius. [...]

18. Minh Cao says:

Is there a working version of Live Office, Query as a Web Service or another connection I can use to connect to WEBI with Xcelsius 2008 SP4?

19. Mico Yuk says:

Have you tried BI web services? We have some articles a few ago on it.

Mico

20. Anita Dhale says:

Hi, my client is using xcelsius SP4 and I too upgraded to SP4 yesterday. However I am using Office 2007 . Is it mandatory to use excel 2010 with SP4 . Please advise.

Thanks
    Anita

21. jomismo says:

hi,

I install de SP4 file name xcelsiusent2008_sp4 and after that the new fix patch filenamexcelsiusent2008_fp36 and version after install was 5.3.6.0. it’s normal?

thanks in advance