Join Mico Yuk and other business and data analytics professionals at the PASS Business Analytics Conference held in Santa Clara, April 20-22, 2015, for her day two Keynote:
Visual Storyboarding: The Future of Useful and Intelligent Analytics
Even with all the hype surrounding business analytics and big data, many organizations struggle to create “useful and intelligent” analytics that deliver true business impact. Plagued by immutable data cultures that harbor silo-reporting practices, organizations must find innovative ways to re-engage their users and exploit data to stay ahead of competitors.
One of the most effective ways to foster innovation, remain competitive, and create a visual data culture is the use of storyboards to communicate knowledge and interpret experiences. Storyboarding is the future of Big Data analytics.
Join her to learn why and how companies like Shell, VISA/Mastercard, Nestle, Ericsson, and Kimberly Clark are using visual storyboarding to disrupt today’s data culture. She will discuss the scientific impact of storytelling and show you how it can drive user ownership, adoption, and deliver impact.
PASS Business Analytics Conference Overview:
Get practical training on Data Visualization, Predictive Analytics, R, Big Data,Excel, Power BI, and learn how to leverage data to drive decisions, uncover insights and increase productivity to remain competitive in today’s marketplace.
Select from 60+ sessions including:
- Real-Time Big Data Analytics with R
- Data Visualization, Storytelling and the Brain
- Unlocking Big Data: The Power of Cognitive Computing
- An Overview of Predictive Analytics for Practitioners
- Creating Awesome Charts in Excel: Process & Examples
- Pulling Back the Green Curtain: Data Forensics, Power BI, and Dataviz
- Take your skills to the next level. Learn the tools and technologies required by today’s business and data analytics pros.
- Learn from the best. Get first-hand info from top-rated analytics speakers from leading companies.
- Stay ahead of the curve. Make smart data-driven decisions by understanding new trends and directions.
- Build connections. Immerse yourself in a dynamic community who shares the same business challenges.
- Be inspired! From keynotes, panel discussions, and sessions to mealtime conversations, the PASS BA Conference is all about meeting people, sharing issues, and gaining new ideas and that will make you a better analytics professional.
The five conference tracks follow the analyst’s journey and are designed to provide real-world knowledge and experience you can put to work immediately.
- Discover & Integrate – Learn how to extract the data you need and how to integrate, combine, cleanse, reshape, and prepare data for analysis and discovery.
- Analyze & Interpret – Learn about statistics for data analysis and statistical programming, forecasting, text mining, and predictive analysis techniques – including using algorithms, data mining, and advanced visualization to help predict future outcomes, simulate business scenarios, and optimize business processes.
- Visualize & Inform - Learn the principles of effective report layout and design, visualization best practices, and keys to successful dashboard design. See how to make your data actionable – not just pretty, how to explore and visualize information in 3-D, how to use spatial analytics to tell better stories, guidelines for reporting on mobile devices, and how to visualize data in the cloud.
- Communicate & Lead – From mastering the principles of winning presentations and storytelling to successfully managing an analytical project, using analytics to transform your business model, Big Data’s impact on business strategy, and the complex but important topic of data ethics this track is designed to fine-tune your professional skills.
- Unlocking Big Data – See real-world examples of how companies are unlocking Big Data, hear experts’ predictions for the future of Big Data, and learn best practices around technologies for accessing, consolidating, managing, and analyzing large data sets, including relational, non-relational and streamed data sources.
Please use discount code BAMICOYUK at registration for a $150 savings.
Soo Tang Yuk (@sootangyuk) is the Chief Marketing Officer at BI Brainz and the ‘Xcelsius Gurus Network’ community manager and evangelist. To find out more, please visit her about me page.