Here’s the reality guys, 8 years, 500+ dashboards and 5K+ students later, I’ve finally been able to put my fingers on which mistakes 98% of people make when working with users to create their dashboards. About 3 weeks ago, I taught my highly rated session: Mastering the Art of Dashboard Requirements Gathering and Prototyping, at BI2014. As usual, the time allotted for the session wasn’t enough and I had to skip revealing these 5 common mistakes. However, on April 30th, during a Free 2-hour live online event: BI Dashboard Mastery 1.0 I will complete my BI2014 session by revealing this 5 common mistakes.
What will be covered during the workshop:
1) The 3 most important tweaks you should be making to your BI Dashboards in 2014.
2) Why focusing only on these four key aspects of your KPI’s will determine whether or not your project is successful.
3) The 7 most important questions to ask your users to derive ‘intelligent’ Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
4) Why gathering these three types of requirements in the order we teach how you can reduce your scope by over 50% while still increasing our user adoption rates
5) How to easily create a dashboard wireframe that will WOW your users and gain sign off 80% faster. We’ll show you the free tools to use to make this process painless.
Reserve your spot here: http://bit.ly/QbQh3R. (Recording available for those who register)
I will also be demoing one of my ‘Cheat Sheets’ and making a long awaited announcement! See you there!
Mico Yuk, Founder, BIDashboardFormula.com | Author, Data Visualization for Dummies (Wiley, 2013) | BI Coach | Global Keynote Speaker| Top Analytics Blogger (2012) | Co-Founder, ‘Xcelsius Gurus’ Network & EverythingXcelsius.com. To find out more about Mico, visit http://micoyuk.com.
Current Highest Rated Post
- Video: Show Chart Values without Hovering (5.00 out of 5)
- Pictures from the Xcelsius Community Event at GBN 2009 (5.00 out of 5)
Tags: BOBJ, Business Intelligence, Business Objects, BusinessObjects, Dashboard Design (Xcelsius), Mico Yuk, SAP BI 4.0, SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards, SAP Crystal Dashboard Design, Xcelsius Webinars